Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!!

I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. I had a lovely day. We didn't eat until 5pm, so we decided to volunteer to serve food at a local community dinner at 11am. When we got there we were surprised to find that there were more volunteers than people in need. Although it was a good thing, we were all a bit disappointed we didn't get to help. So we relaxed and watched a movie before eating dinner with Steve's family. I was very happy to have my Dad there as well.

Today I was one of those crazy shoppers who got up at 4am to stand in line to buy the "perfect gift". This is the second year I've done it. A little disclaimer, I don't do major shopping I go for the one thing then go home. Steve and I decided to go have breakfast this morning and then we were home by 6:30am

Below is a picture of one of the items I had for sell today at the Holiday Extravaganza. Thanks to everyone who came, it was a good day. Project is so simple and easy, and makes a nice presentation for a couple cards. It holds 4 cards and 4 envelopes. It is made using an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock. Score and fold at 5 1/2 inches then score and fold 2 inches from the bottom. Cut a V in the flap, and adhere the sides closed. Punch holes on each side for ribbon. Ribbon is used to hold the cards into the portfolio.

I think this makes a nice thank you gift, or a Christmas gift for Sunday school teachers or other people you want to give a small something to.



Below is a picture of all the projects I had for sale.

There is still some left, if you weren't able to come today I'm going to be participating in two craft bazaars, tomorrow I'll be at Shepherd community church from 9am-4pm and on Friday December 5Th I'll be at Liberty Park Elementary school from 6p-9p. Stop by and see me.

No comments: