Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Here in Indianapolis that means RACE WEEKEND! I listened to the race at my sisters house while playing corn hole and getting a little too much sun.

Of course for many this is also graduation weekend. This is a card I made for one of the many graduates this year. I used the bigshot to cut the stars. the sentiment is from the SAB set "Congratulations". And then to add a little bling I used retired eyelets, they are copper which went well with the really rust paper.

Races and graduations are great but this weekend is really about remembering our soldiers. Monday I spent the afternoon with my dad. He is a member of the 82nd Airborne Association. Every year they do a memorial for "The four chaplains". This is an incredible story of four United States Army Chaplins who gave their lives to save other soldiers during the sinking of the USAT Dorchester during WW II. They helped other soldiers board lifeboats and gave up their own life jackets when the supply ran out.

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all of the soldiers, and their families, who give up so much for the freedoms we take for granted! God Bless You!

No comments: