Wednesday, May 26, 2010

so much to share


I met with my swap sisters on Sunday and had so much fun, got lots of great ideas. The first cards I'm going to show were our shoe box swap. I didn't bring one because I was doing Relay for Life and just didn't get around to making it. (that's one of the things I love about our group is that we all know life and family sometimes get in the way of doing our swaps and we all understand).
This first card was designed by Christy F. The technique is called Black Magic and it's so easy!! Stamp your image onto black cardstock using white craft ink. Use the heat gun to dry the ink then color right on top of it with colored pencils. And let me just say that I was embarrassed to admit to these wonderful ladies that it was the first time I'd every used the pencils.
This next card was designed by Kendra. We cut the cork board out with the top note!! Doesn't this make a great Father's day card. (I also got to borrow the totally tool stamp set so you will be seeing more samples made with that soon, I love my swap group)Shirley designed the last card, it's another technique to get multiple colors on a solid stamp, you ink the whole stamp in the lightest color then use a sponge dauber to add the other colors to the image. I think it looks like it was stenciled. Beautiful!!

Thank you ladies for an inspiring afternoon.

No comments: