Sunday, February 17, 2008

One fun night of great stamping with Friends

Last night I spent the evening with some friends stamping for fun. Some of you may not realize this but I don't make time to stamp for myself very much. I'm usally stamping to get ready for a class or workshop. But last night I just played. I had three goals 1. use stamp set that I didn't have at home (the great thing about stamping with other people is sharing your stamps and tool) 2. use some of my scraps (they are starting to really pile up) and 3. have fun with friends. I accomplished all three. I didn't make a big dent in my scraps but I did use some of them.

The next three pictures use the True Friend Stamp set. I didn't love this when it first came out but it was very easy to work with and I think I fell in love with it last night. I used a lot of versa mark on these cards. It makes a great background.


the next two cards use Baroque basics. I have Baroque motifs and use it a lot. I also used the big flower from the pretties kit and laid it on the bayou blue stamp pad. Then I used my bone folder to press the flower into the ink pad. The color was still a little blotchy so I used the aqua painter to brush the the color all over the flower. I then let it dry and adhered it with crystal effects. I punched a circle of chocolate and coverd it in crystal effects to give it a shine and adhered it to the center of the flower.
These next two I made with the Birthday Whimsy Sale-a-bration set. I love it. It's perfect for all birthdays; boys, girls, men, women, friends. . .everyone! Both cards were made using the In colors.
Okay so I have wanted big flowers and little flowers forever--why don't I get them? I don't know becaue they are awesome!!!!!!!!! So easy to work with. I think they would be great to do a one sheet wonder with. You all know what that is don't you?

I also have to say that last July when the new In Colors were released I wasn't in love. I espcially didn't love the purely pomegrante. But I've learned to love the pomegrante, especially the thick satin ribbon.


Well I hope you like all the ideas. I'm getting a shipment of new toys tomorrow so keep checking this week for more samples.

No comments: