Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall is in the air

Here are a couple projects I made while stamping with my swap sisters last Thursday. the first is a bag made out of an envelope--yes that's what I said out of an envelope. Here's what you do:
1. Seal the envelope and score on both long sides and one short side at 3/4 inch
2. use your tag punch to each side of the envelope top that is not scored.
3. Decorate now before you open it up.
4. now you have to fold your score lines back and forth and then open up your envelope. This part is a bit frustrating because you feel like you are really wrinkling up your bag but it will be okay.
5. You'll have two little tabs that get folded down on the bottom you can adhere those to the bottom of the bag or cut a little slit and tuck them in.

I'm afraid I might be forgetting a step, so if you try this and it doesn't work email or call me.

I think this will be great to fill with goodies for the kids class!!
Isn't the moon on the bottom card awesome!! To do this technique you need a brayer (I don't currently have one but it's now on my wish list) The brayer allows you to roll the ink onto your paper. We rolled more mustard ink onto whisper white cardstock. Then punched a circle out of a post-it note and put it where I wanted the moon. Then we rolled over the cardtock with pumpkin pie, sponged the edges with ruby red. Then when you take off the post-it there was a beautiful moon!!

No comments: