Friday, February 12, 2010

my favorite box




This is my favorite box to do, it's very simple and can be made any size you would like. This box is 3 x 4 inches.
1. cut cardstock 2 inches larger than you want the box to be. For this project I cut it 5 x 6 inches.
2. score 1 inch on all sides, snip corners and fold up. I use glue dots or sticky strip to adhere the box together.
3. for the band around the box, cut the width the same width as your box, for this box I cut it 4inches. the length should be enough to go around the box plus 2in, for this box I cut the length at 10in.
4. score at 2inches, then 3 1/8 inches, then 6 1/8, then 7 1/4. fold the score lines wrap around the box and adhere band to itself, then the box can slide out.
5. decorate!
I love to do this box for a set of cards and envelopes, I made several for Christmas gifts.

No comments: