Monday, September 6, 2010

An old watercolor technique revisited

Sometimes what is old, becomes new again.  I was going through some old cards and I found a card that reminded me of one of my favorite watercolor techniques.  Do you know why it's my favorite?   Because it is so easy.
  1. Cut the watercolor paper in half.  Using watercolor crayons lightly color the entire piece of paper starting with the darkest color first.
  2. Use aqua painter or paint brush to paint water on to the paper.  Work the water into the crayon until it is the desired lightness.
  3. Set the paper aside to dry while you work on the other parts of your card.  You can also use your heat gun to dry the paper.
  4. When paper is completely dry stamp line image on top of the water colored paper using a dark ink such chocolate chip or early espresso (as used here).

No comments: