Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On the Second Week of Christmas. . .


My true love gave to me The City of David Stamp Set.


I know I'm pretty crazy but ever since I started planning the 12 weeks of Christmas I've been singing that song in my head. I'm sure that it doesn't help that I've been listening to Christmas music since mid September.


Anyway here is week two's project. You will notice a trend with any Christmas cards that I post. They are very simple and reproducible. Christmas cards are different than any other card I make because I make Christmas cards in mass quantities. I typically send out about 100 Christmas cards. I would go insane if I had to make 100 of the same card so I typically make four different designs; two that are Christ-centered, one that is fun, and one that is a winter card.

I hope you like the City of David Card, City of David is one of my favorite Christmas stamps because it is so easy to use and it has a great sentiment with it. "It was a simple gift of love that changed the course of the world" is one of the sentiments (not used on this sample) in the set and I love it. How true that this simple gift changed everything. There is another sample card using this stamp set in a post about a Christmas Stamp-a-Stack. In that sample I used watercolor crayons on the image and it's a beautiful one layer card.

Supply list
Stamp Set: City of David
Paper: Night of Navy Cardstock, Brushed Silver Cardstock
Ink: Night of Navy Craft Ink
Accessories: Silver Cord




1. Stamp image and sentiment onto silver cardstock using navy craft ink. This will take a minute to dry.
2. Adhere silver cardstock to navy cardstock.
3. Tie silver cord around card and your finished.

Reminder: All products on the Supply list will be 10% until Wedneday October 17th.

No comments: