Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lots of Bots


Emma and I stamped quite a bit last week. However I found that I was having a hard time really being creative. I couldn't put colors together that I liked, I didn't like my layouts. . .you've been there, you know what I mean. So I pulled out a file I have of sketches from splitcoaststampers, and I printed out some SU! suggested color combos for the incolors and then started playing with a new set that I love called Lots of Bots. Having the sketches and the color combo really helped. I made several with this color combo and lots of bots. I've still got the sketch list and color combo sheet out on my table and I've decided that I'm going to make one card a day all this week using these and maybe I'll start to get my mojo back.
The colors on this card are old olive, taken with teal, and real red. Chocolate chip and Crushed curry were also suggested with this combo but I don't usually have more than 3 colors on a card. You'll see crushed curry and chocolate chip a little later.
I colored the bot using blender pen and the ink pad, this gives a look that is somewhere between watercolor and bold marker coloring.

No comments: