Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend









We had a fun filled Halloween weekend at my house. If you live on the eastside of Indianapolis and have never been to the Irvington Halloween Festival you are missing a lot of fun. This has been a tradition in my family for many many years. The Festival was Saturday but there are activities going on all week. The kid's favorite is of course the costume contest, and then walking in parade. This year Caleb and Emma went has Herbie, the Love Bug. I'm very happy that they think outside the box for their Halloween costumes. Well I guess this year they thought inside the box (ha ha!). The best part was that they could split in half and walk around someone the way Herbie does in the movie!




We had over 100 trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood, we ended up taking candy the Caleb and Emma had collected and giving some of it away when we ran out of candy. I think our big pumpkin drew a few extra kids.




On Sunday we had a surprise birthday party for my Mom and to our surprise, she was really surprised. I figured she knew and was just playing along but we did surprise her. It was a great but busy weekend!


No comments: