Monday, September 10, 2007

Louisville Regional Seminar






I had the most awesome weekend. I attended a Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar is Louisville KY on Saturday. On learned so much and I can't wait to share it with all of you. Some of you may be wondering what exactly happens at a seminar like this. Well let me tell you that the fun starts in the car on the way down. I went with 5 other Stampin' Up! demonstrators. We shared class ideas, great gifts to give our hostesses, and even some organizational tips. Once at regionals--the swaps began. I made about 45 card fronts and 6 tile coasters to swap. we swap card fronts because the purpose is to get ideas not cards and it's a little cheaper and faster to make multiples. Some people made as many as 100 swaps. My swaps were gone before they even open the doors to the main room. I wish I would have brought more, but I got a lot of great ideas. Everybody makes cards and projects differently, so it's great to see what other people have done. Once inside the room we found a table and began putting together or free stamp set!! Yes I said free, all attendees received a stamp set called "So Much". I have to admit I didn't think much of this set when I saw it in the catalog--but now I'm in love. During the day we had classes on techniques, products (I've fallen in love with the Coluzzle and the crop-a-dile) class ideas (You'll be hearing more about a really cool holiday decor class) and business ideas. These classes are taught by both Stampin' Up! employees and some of the top demonstrators. It's really great to see what "real demonstrators" do in their workshops. Throughout the day we have the opportunity to make several projects using our new stamp set and another cool stamp set out of the Mini catalog called "True Friend". There are display boards all around the room full of cards and scrapbook pages. there were literally hundreds of ideas displayed. Thankfully my friends all brought their camera because I forgot mine. So I'll show pictures of displays later. Then the 6 of us went to dinner and rehashed everything we learned, breaking it down to figure out exactly how we could make it work for us. It was a great day--thank you Stampin' UP!

No comments: