Tuesday, January 15, 2008

1st class at Indpls Library



Last night was my first of about 15 free classes that will be offered at different branches of Marion County Libraries. Check your local branch to see what date I'll be there. Did I mention these classes are FREE! We made three projects. The purple valentine's day card was one of them. I used the Happy Heart Day stamp set. I love this elephant. I didn't want to color him in so I used the "piecing technique". Basically you stamp the image on two different sheets of cardstock. You cut the image out (trying to stay right on the line which I'm not great at) and glue on top of other cardstock. On the purple card I just used a solid color cardstock, on the Taken with teal cardstock I stamped the card stock to make the elephant have a design. This is a lot of fun to do with the designer paper but I'm waiting on my order to come in with my new designer paper so I had to make my own pattern using a wheel. This set is so much fun to use, and is so much more than just Valentine's Day!

No comments: