Sunday, March 9, 2008

While the boys are away, the girls will play

Emma and I were stamping again last night when the boys were at their Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Emma and I didn't go because she was still contagious. According to Steve we didn't miss much. Caleb's car didn't do very well, but he seemed to take it really well.

Emma's Card was made using scraps that were on my table, and she made it all by herself. The card base is purely pomegranate (not a scrap and I cringed when she asked to use it but said okay). The circle punch colored in yo yo yellow is the sun. She used the white gel pen to draw the clouds, the chocolate chip is supposed to be dirt that the flower is growing in. She didn't explain the presents (except that I was making a card with those colors and presents). When she first stamped wishing you Love on the chocolate chip it was crooked, so she got a new piece of chocolate chip cardstock stamped it again and glued it right on top of the one she messed up on. I think she's brilliant!!

I was making a card using some of my level one hostess benefits. The stamp is from "For a Friend" and the paper is the real red prints from the paper prints set you can earn as a hostess. I also used Kraft cardstock as the card base. I haven't ever used it and now I love it. Friday I got in the Neutral Club order and separated it. Well I was one of the club members so I got a lot of new neutral paper and accessories to try. I love the kraft and the naturals white cardstock. Oh and the blue is soft sky and soft sky ribbon. I'm going to be teaching this card at the classes I have this week at the Indpls-Marion County Library, the classes are free if you want to attend call your library branch to register.

By the way my pictures are a little fuzzy, I'm sorry. I'm working on taking better pictures of the cards so you can see all the details.

No comments: