Thursday, March 27, 2008

stamper's block



I haven't posted any cards this week because I've had a bit of stamper's block. Every time that I went down into my basement to stamp, I would play a little but never actually finished a card because I didn't like the way it looked. Last week I really needed to make Easter cards to send to my family, but I couldn't think of anything. So I went on Splitcoast Stampers and found a couple cards that I liked and CASED them. Usually I get inspired by someone else's card and change things a bit, but in this case it is almost exactly the same. Here's the link to the card I cased http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/811729?cat=500&ppuser=85613.
However I'm happy to say that yesterday afternoon instead of making myself try to stamp I went into my basement and started cleaning and organizing my area, and I was inspired and made several beautiful cards last night. I will be posting them later today, along with a challenge for you. :)
So I guess I learned that the best thing to do for writer's block was to start cleaning so that you remember what you have!
Stamps: fancy flexible phrases
Paper: Soft Sky cardstock, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Afternoon tea DSP
Ink: Wild wasabi
Accessories: Wide Vanilla Ribbon, small oval punch, silver hodgepodge hardware.

No comments: