Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful for Chicken Pox

As many of you know I've been working as a Substitute at my kids school for the last 6 weeks. What I originally thought would be 2-3 days a week part time job was turning into an everyday full time job. I have a very hard time saying no :) But all that changes Monday, in the morning Emma woke up with little spots on her face, she's always breaking out so I didn't think much about it. When we went to school I told her teacher to let me know if it seemed to bother her. at the end of the day when I got her there were more spots, we went to the school nurse and she said--chicken pox. The diagnosis was confirmed by dr. grandma who came over for dinner that night. Tuesday morning she had more spots and a slight fever. so why am I thankful, well I've now been home for three days and I've gotten so many things done (including laundry there is NOTHING on the basement floor). Emma doesn't feel too bad, in fact I think she's enjoying it. We've had lots of mom and daughter time, and what's our favorite thing to do together. . .STAMP!!

I made the birthday whimsy card using some scraps that were on my table. I love the stripes in the summer picnic paper, I think it's perfect for a boy birthday. And the new silver hodgepodge is so easy to use because the frames are made to fit our punches!!


This is a card I made as a make-n-take at a workshop on saturday. I love pastels and I think some people over look them. on this card I used the live your dream stamp set, with versa mark then took a q-tip and rubbed so saffron and always artichoke lightly over the versa mark. The image just pops out like magic. The ribbon is tied in a knot and adhered with a glue dot, this is a great way to use extra little pieces of ribbon. I know no one wants to waste anything.

Well, Emma probably won't be back at school until at least Monday, so hopefully I'll have more to show tomorrow.

No comments: