Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm in love with the Sock Monkey


I was playing with some of my new stamps (one of the perks of being a demo is that you get to preorder some of the new stuff!!) and I've discovered that I love this little monkey. You have to know that I had my own sock monkey as a child, and a few years ago I made sock monkeys for my nieces and nephews for Christmas (7 total). So I had an immediate fondness for this image. One of the things that I love about it is that in the new catalog there is an accessories stamp set. You can put Easter bunny ears or a Santa hat on the monkey. How fun!!!!

The two samples show here use a retired designer paper (I don't remember what it was called). The top card I used paper piecing technique. Which basically means that I stamped the monkey on the kraft cardstock, then I stamped the monkey on the patterned paper. Then I cut the patterned paper and glued it on the monkey where I wanted it. This creates a great look, but I don't really love cutting so I don't use it very often. Of course I used my paper snips, without those I don't think I would even attempt this technique (or maybe I'm just getting spoiled with my tools).

The second sample I colored the monkey in with markers. Then I stamped the cupcake on a scrap of whisper white, colored and cut it out. I adhered it with a stampin' dimensional.

No comments: